Tel: +49 – 228 – 73 – 3578
Fax: +49 – 228 – 73 – 6486
Office: Nussallee 17, 2. OG, room 2.009
University of Bonn
Theoretical Geodesy, IGG
- Current teaching (Basis)
- Download CV
- Geostatistics and stochastic processes
- Differential radar interferometry (DInSAR)
- Computational geodesy
Joël Köhler trained as a surveyor before taking up his studies in “Geodäsie und Geoinformation” at the University of Bonn in 2010. He started to work in the Theoretical Geodesy group as a student assistant in 2012. After the finalization of the bachelor degree and the master degree course he received the degree B.Sc. in 2013 and the degree M.Sc in 2015, respectively. He wrote both his bachelor and his master thesis in the Theoretical Geodesy group.
Following this, he started as a PhD student in the same group. Currently he is working on methods for spatio-temporal signal separation using techniques from the field of geostatistics and stochastic processes.
One possible application for such methods is the differential radar interferometry in order to extract continuous deformation time series while separating e.g. atmospheric deviation from the observation.
- Practicals “Geostatistik”, since WS2015/2016
- Practicals “Parameterschätzung und Hypothesentests”, since SS2016
- Lecture and Practicals “Advanced Data Analysis”, since SS2018
- Supervision of different B.Sc, theses, since 2016
- Backs, K. L. “Raum-zeitliche Signaltrennung in einem Bildstapel”. B.Sc. Thesis, University of Bonn, 2016
- 2016: Second winner of the “VDI-Förderpreis” of the “VDI – Bezirksverein Köln e.V.” for his master thesis
- 2013-2015: Holder of a “Deutschlandstipendium” during his master degree course
- 2013: Winner of the “DVW-Turbo Preis” for fast an good studies